Saturday, March 17, 2012

Sometimes I get so caught up in crafting for others in the swaps I participate in , that I forget that others are crafting for me as well.  I am always so delighted to find a package in the mail. Well, this is what I received today.  A lovely pin cushion.  What is so unique about creating in a swap is that you are adapting your designing skills to the taste and style of someone else.  So, for example, if you like to create, shabby chic, you might find yourself doing steampunk grunge.  Whatever the request , you do your best to comply.  Sometimes it means going online and googling or heading straight over to youtube and checking out the tutorials.  I personally enjoy using youtube and seeing a visual, besides, you can stop the video, go back, and watch over and over and the video never rolls it's eyes at you, if you don't catch on right away. Well, I asked for something beautiful, and shared that I love flowers, vintage and pretty colors.  Well, this is what a wonderful artist created for me.  It is the most dreamy pin cushion, very elegant, and it even came with beautiful stick pins. I especially like the little teapot embellishment.  How sweet is that.  Now I could be inspired to sew some really great stuff with this little beauty resting beside me on the sewing table.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to share your thoughts,designs , inspirations,and journeys or just say hello?