Friday, March 16, 2012

Sharing a pic of my first honeycomb paper project, a little Easter Egg tag, that I tucked inside a metal mailbox that I altered for a swap.  I watched a video by Tim Holtz and just had to try this.  I ordered the paper in white, from Amazon . I wanted to dye it myself with alcohol inks that I drizzled here and there onto the folded cut I had made. Only half of the image is actually cut out, and then you open it . Glue down the sides, and voila, a blast from the past. I remember seeing these as a child for Holiday Table Decorations. Very nostalgic to view the finished product.  Try this - you will definitely like it.  At the very least, go watch the TH video. I also checked out a youtube tutorial on how to make your own honeycomb paper, and of course I will have to try this as well. I will post the results soon, as I already have tissue paper and a template, and will probably use Scotch quick dry adhesive. It looked easy, but the test will be in the doing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to share your thoughts,designs , inspirations,and journeys or just say hello?