Thursday, January 19, 2012

New to the technical aspects of blogging and despite my computer challenged skills, was finally able to delete that nasty HTML code and all is well again in the blogosphere. Crafting has expanded  my  skill set, and I have been thrust into techno-weenie stuff in order to post comments in craft forums,  post pictures on-line and create this blog.  It is a new journey , wrought with countless conundrums, but I am taking it on and feeling more at ease each day.  Today I am finishing  ten clean and simple cards, along with 8 card fronts for a swap I am in. I would like to post these pictures today, depending on my crafting progress.  I have also joined an altered key swap, and would like to share my first altered key.  I am trading quilled flowers, and looking forward  to creating 6 tag designs  and a valentine pin cushion before the end of the month. Swapping is such a wonderful way to meet wonderful craft artists, learn new techniques, and provide a structured crafting schedule complete with deadlines , guidelines and specific parameters. It catapults you into unfamiliar territory, creating in styles you may never have even been aware of,  and gives you an opportunity to learn and create for someone you have never even met .  If you have never tried one , but would like to check it out, go to  http://www.cricut.com/  and explore the forum.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to share your thoughts,designs , inspirations,and journeys or just say hello?